Church History

 med3History of Our Church

The year was 1859 when a small group of Welsh settlers established the Congregational Church in this tiny village of Big Rock.  By 1900 the actual building that stands yet today at the corner of Third Rhodes Streets was erected.
 

No one could have imagined what an important role this church would play in the lives of so many.  As time went by the need was felt for additional space.  So in 1962 the new Education Wing was completed.  At the beginning of the new millennium it became apparent that even more space should be added.  On February 10, 2002 the newly renovated Education Wing was dedicated.  This beautiful new portion of the original facility now allows all handicap accessibility to all parts of the church.


Each Sunday, Fellowship Hall is bustling with activity as parishioners cheerfully greet each other.  After services delicacies and coffee are served in this new wing.


Come and see what English Congregational United Church of Christ is all about.

© 2017 English Congregational UCC
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community